Fantastic opportunities to join our excellent team...
The Aldgate School is a unique Church of England school in the heart of the City of London. Our School was founded by Sir John Cass over 300 years ago and to this day we remain proudly supported by our trustees, the Portal Trust. The Aldgate School is the only maintained school in the City of London and we enjoy many benefits from this unique relationship.
Our aim is to provide an exceptional education for every child. To nurture their talents, strive for excellence and inspire young people to learn in a safe and caring environment where everyone is valued. We believe education is a partnership between home and school.
Our vision is that every member of our school community will develop a questioning approach to faith, grounded in the principles of Christian hope, which prompts everyone to seize every opportunity for growth, to look beyond themselves and lovingly serve their community and the wider world.
Are you interested in becoming our next Deputy Head?
We’re looking for an inspirational leader to join our team and support our Headteacher to achieve our aim of an exceptional education for every child.
Start date: September, 2022
L11-14 (£60,701 to £66,114)
We are looking for a creative and talented leader with determination to help lead our excellent primary school and Children’s Centre during the next stage of its development.
We can offer you the chance to work in a unique Church of England Primary School- the only maintained school in the square mile. We run an integrated Children’s Centre on our site so you will have a very special opportunity to develop provision for children aged 3 months to eleven years. Because of our special setting you will have access to unrivalled resources including the wealth of cultural, educational and artistic institutions on our doorstep.
The successful candidate will be:
- A teacher with significant experience and knowledge of education and demonstrate a good understanding of how to achieve the best outcomes for all children at EYFS/ KS1 or 2;
- An outstanding practitioner with high expectations of all our young people;
- Uncompromising in developing an exceptional provision for every child attending or accessing services from our school;
- Passionate about inclusion.
- We will support you to with excellent professional development and the opportunity to achieve a master’s level qualification or other professional qualification to enable you on your chosen career path.
We’d love to talk more with you about this role and we welcome visits to the school at any time.
For further information, please go to: www.thealdgateschool.org. To apply, please download and complete the application form below. You should include a personal statement which demonstrates your skills and suitability for the role.
- Application deadline: Thursday 19th May 12.00 noon
- Interviews: Wednesday 25th May (all day)
We welcome visits to the school. If you wish to discuss the role further with the Headteacher please contact the school office on 0207 283 1147 or email email@example.com
We're looking for an excellent class teacher
We want the very best for our children and families. We believe that every child at our school is entitled to an exceptional education which lays firm foundations for their lives.
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic teacher to join our team. Our school expects the very best from you and in return you can expect the very best from us. You’ll be made to feel like a valued member of the school community and fully supported in your role, every step of the way.
The successful candidate will be:
• A teacher who can demonstrate excellent, creative and challenging teaching;
• Ambitious, wishing to demonstrate a substantial whole school impact and evidence of leadership skills;
• Committed to their own professional development;
• Motivated, enthusiastic and imaginative;
• Well-qualified, articulate and committed to high academic standards for all children;
• Hard working and a great team player.
• Excellent professional development with lots of encouragement to develop ideas and projects from a strong, experienced leadership team;
• We will work with you to support you to achieve a Master’s level qualification or other professional development;
• A friendly supportive staff team of excellent practitioners;
• Staff benefits including season ticket loans and access to technology.
The application process:
We’d be more than happy to talk with you about this role and we welcome visits to the school. Please contact the school office on 0207 283 1147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment or a conversation with the Headteacher.
• Applications should be sent to email@example.com
• The application deadline is noon on Wednesday 18th March 2022
• Interviews will be held on 24th May 2022
You will need to complete our application form including telling us why you like to work at The Aldgate School and how your experiences and skills meet our requirements.