Welcome to Reception
Beth will be your teacher and Kelly, Ambia and Bayleigh will be your teaching assistants. You might also have Kim in your class some of the time! There are a lot of adults who can help you with your learning if you get stuck or are unsure of anything.
There are some other people who you will get to know in school too. You can find their pictures if you click on the button below. See if you can find me - I'm Miss Allan and I'm the Headteacher.
How do you feel about going into the Inventors Class?
I have made you a countdown calendar (you can see a picture of it to the left of this writing). On the calendar there are lots of ideas for you to do each day to help you get ready to come to school. If you keep having a go at these things then I'm sure you'll settle into your new class really well. You can print out the document or you can pop into school to pick one up.
I know it's important for you to feel happy about coming to school and to help you with that, your teachers want to get to know you a little bit before you start. We've put together a booklet that you can download or come into school to collect. You can fill in the booklet and bring it to us on the 15th July, or you can take your time with it and bring it over the summer and bring it to us when you come on 3rd September. It will help us get to know you much quicker.
Videos of your teachers
- Talk to your child a lot. Talk about anything. Talking and listening are really important in preparation for starting in the Reception class.
- Help your child develop some independence in dressing and undressing - in particular with putting their shoes, socks and coat on.
- It is often helpful to get your child to try on their school uniform and shoes during the holidays so it feels familiar when they come to starting day.
- Do lots of mark making and reading with your child. If they can read and write their own name, that's a great start.
- If your child isn't yet fully toilet trained, encourage them to have a go and develop their independence skills.